Thursday, Aug. 25
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds its Annual Awards Meeting and Breakfast. Details: 6:45-9 a.m.; Hilton El Conquistador, 10000 N. Oracle Rd.; $40, $30 members; 297-2191.
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• SCORE Business Counseling offers help from the Small Business Administration on Loan Requirements. Details: 10 a.m.-noon; Bluespan Network, 40 N. Swan Rd., Suite 118; free; 505-3636.
• The Rotary Club of SaddleBrooke meets for lunch and a short program. Details: 11:30 a.m.; SaddleBrooke Country Club, 64485 E. SaddleBrooke Blvd.; $15; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Desert Kiwanis Club meets. Details: noon-1:30 p.m.; Village Inn, 6251 N. Oracle Rd.; email@example.com.
Saturday & Tuesday, Aug. 27 & 30
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, 3-5 p.m. Tuesday; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Tuesday, Aug. 30
• The Rotary Club of Marana meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Nana’s Kitchen, 8225 N. Courtney Page Way; 395-2508 or www.maranarotary.org.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a Training Class: Getting Help When YOU Need It. Details: 7:30-9 a.m.; Marana Operations Center, 5100 W. Ina Rd.; 682-4314.
Wednesday, Aug. 31
• Business Leads of America meets. Details: 7:30-9 a.m.; Mimi’s Café, Oracle & Wetmore; free; 574-1826.
• SCORE Business Counseling offers a workshop on Building Strategic Connections and Loyal Customers. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Windmill Suites, 4250 N. Campbell Ave.; $29; 481-5505.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.