A list of outdoor and recreational activities for the week.
Wednesday, Aug. 27
• Help support the Ironwood Ridge High School marching band. Register now for the third annual Vanguard Classic Golf Tournament at the Sun City Vistoso golf course on Saturday, Sept. 13. Cost is $75 and includes dinner and music. Log onto http://www.irhsvanguard.com">www.irhsvanguard.com for details.
• As the weather cools, join the Sonoran Desert Weedwackers’ buffelgrass removal. Bring hiking gear and enjoy the scenery while yanking the invasive weed. Details: 6 to 9 a.m.; Pima County Tucson Mountain Park, 2020 N. Kinney Road (at caretaker’s house across from Desert Museum); free; ages 12 and older; for more information, call 615-7855 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Aug. 28
• Jazzercise combines aerobics, Pilates, yoga and kickboxing into a fun and exciting workout. All fitness levels are welcome at this high-energy class, taught by longtime instructor Shawna Dorame. Details: 5:45 to 6:45 p.m.; Oro Valley Recreation Room, 11143 N. La Cañada Drive, Suite 107; call 349-4335 for prices.
Saturday, Aug. 30
• Kids love butterflies, in all their shapes and colors. The Sonoran Desert Kids Club will hunt for swallowtails, queens, blues and more during this education session. Details: 9 to 10:30 a.m.; Pima County Agua Caliente Park, 12325 E. Roger Road; free; kids ages 5-12 with families; for more information, call 615-7855 or e-mail email@example.com.
Sunday, Aug. 31
• Members of the Oro Valley Mixed Doubles Tennis Group seek a few good backhands. Details: 7 a.m.; $5 ball fee every 10 weeks; Ironwood Ridge High School tennis courts, 2475 W. Naranja Drive; for more information, call 575-0829.
Monday, Sept. 1
• Fitness, flexibility and self-confidence are just a few of martial arts’ benefits. For 20 years, Master Instructor Steve Barry has taught students the art of Chun Kuk Do, popularized by film star Chuck Norris, and offers free instruction at the Marana Senior Center. Details: 7-8:30 p.m.; Marana Senior Center, 13370 N. Lon Adams Road; free; for more information, call 382-1950.
Tuesday, Sept. 2
• The sight and song of birds are a morning treat. See cardinals, hummingbirds, songbirds and raptors nestled among the trees during a walk geared toward beginning and intermediate birders. Details: 8 to 9:30 a.m.; Pima County Agua Caliente Park, 12325 E. Roger Road; free for all ages; for more information, call 615-7855 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.