A listing of area recreation activities.
Wednesday, July 16
• Believe it or not, prep hoops season isn’t far off. Girls can now register to sharpen their skills at Pima College’s Girls Aztec Basketball Camps, from July 28 to 31. Cost is $85 for grades 3-12. For more information or to make reservations, call coach Todd Holthaus at 425-4909.
Friday, July 18
• The desert resurrects under the glow of moonlight, in muted shades of blue, gray and black. Take a guided walk on desert trails and learn about the animals active under the stars. Details: 8 to 9 p.m.; Pima County Tucson Mountain Park, Gilbert Ray Campground, 8451 W. McCain Loop Road; free for all ages; for more information or to make reservations, call 615-7855 or e-mail email@example.com.
Saturday, July 19
• Start wackin’. The Sonoran Desert Weedwackers continue their efforts to rid the Tucson Mountains of invasive buffelgrass and other weeds. Wear hiking clothes and bring appropriate gear for a couple of hours of satisfying work. Details: 6 to 9 a.m.; Pima County Tucson Mountain Park, 2020 N. Kinney Road; meet at Caretaker’s House, across from Desert Museum; free for ages 12 and older; for more information, call 615-7855 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, July 20
• Now’s your chance to learn firearm safety and the laws required to carry a concealed weapon in Arizona. State-certified instructors will teach the fundamental and legal issues to qualify for a CCW permit. Bring a handgun in good working order, a box of ammo — and lunch. Spouses train for free. Details: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Southeast Regional Shooting Park, 11296 S. Harrison Road; $50 for ages 18 and older; for more information, call 603-7715 or email email@example.com.
Tuesday, July 22
• Oh, those birds — and especially first thing in the morning! Beat them to the worm on a birdwatching walk through a riparian oasis. Binoculars are available, or bring your own. Details: 7:30 to 9 a.m.; Pima County Agua Caliente Park, 12325 E. Roger Road; free for all ages; for more information, call 615-7855 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.