For the June 11, 2008, issue.
Wednesday, June 11
• Learn to swim! Register now through June 13 for Oro Valley’s next spate of swim lessons June 16 through 27. Details: $20 per session; for more information, call 229-5050, or go online to http://www.ci.oro-valley.az.us/PkRec">www.ci.oro-valley.az.us/PkRec.
Thursday, June 12
• Register kids ages 6 to 12 for the Arizona Diamondbacks Training Centers’ youth baseball camp June 23-27. Details: 8 to 11 a.m; $150 fee buys 15 hours of instruction, plus hat, T-shirt and instructional DVD; for more information, call (800) 821-7152, or go online to http://www.dbacks.com/camps">www.dbacks.com/camps.
Friday, June 13
• Tarantulas, scorpions and centipedes tend to get a bad rap. Learn how they’ve adapted to desert life during an indoor presentation, followed by an evening nature walk. Bring a flashlight! Details: 7 to 9 p.m., Pima County Agua Caliente Park, 12325 E. Roger Road; free for all ages; for more information, or to make reservations, call 615-7855 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, June 14
• Register now for the first-ever Colossal Cave Mountain Park 5K Road Race on June 14, which will benefit the CCC Museum. The race features mountain views, starting at La Posta Quemada Ranch and winding through the Sonoran Desert. Details: Fees range between $30-$35, with awards afterward; for more information, go online to http://www.colossalcave.com/new.html">www.colossalcave.com/new.html.
• Lend a hand to the Special Olympics of Arizona and register for the Marana Police Department’s seventh-annual Scramble for Special Olympics golf tournament. The June 14 four-man, shotgun-start scramble features carts, grub and awards. Sponsorships still available. Details: 7:30 a.m.; Omni Tucson National Golf Resort; for more information, call 471-0304.
• Learn to track and spot wildlife, along with their nests and burrows during an interactive discovery program. Participants get to make their own animal tracks book. Details: 8 to 9:30 a.m.; Pima County Agua Caliente Park, 12325 E. Roger Road; free for all ages; for more information, call 615-7855 or e-mail email@example.com.