A listing of area sports and outdoor activities for the week.
Wednesday, July 30
• Cool off and discover aquatic fun with water polo! The Monday/Wednesday/Friday lessons include equipment and welcome all skill levels. Free drop-in games follow Friday sessions. Details: 6:30 to 7:10 p.m.; Oro Valley Municipal Pool, 23 W. Calle Concordia; $20; for more information, call 297-5279.
• Registration is open from July 29-31 for girls’ cheer and dance classes with Pride All-Stars. Build fitness, self-esteem and camaraderie! Details: 4:15 to 6:45 p.m. (cheer), 7 to 8:30 p.m. (dance); ages 5 to 18; $40 for cheer, $30 for dance, $60 for both; for more information, call 891-6673 or 730-5391.
Friday, August 1
• Why do bobcats have spots? Why do lizards blend in to the desert? Many animals use their colors for survival. Learn why during the Sonoran Desert Kids’ Club’s “Hide and Seek in the Desert.” Details: 10:30 a.m.; Dewhirst-Catalina Branch Library, 15631 N. Oracle Road, No.199; for kids ages 5 to 12 with their families; for more information, call 615-7855 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Get up and dance! Girls can try out for the Pride All-Stars’ dance team today! Details: 5 p.m.; free; ages 5 to 18; 7620 N. Hartman Lane, Suite 132; for more information, call 891-6673 or 730-5391.
Saturday, August 2
• Cheer is here! It’s time for girls’ cheer tryouts with the Pride All-Stars’ cheer team. Details: 10 a.m.; free; ages 5-18; 7620 N. Hartman Lane, Suite 132; for more information, call 891-6673 or 730-5391.
Monday, August 4
• Jazzercise lessons kick off at Marana’s Rattlesnake Ridge Elementary School cafeteria this week. The twice-weekly workout blends combines aerobics, Yoga, Pilates and kickboxing into fresh dance routines. Details: 6 to 7 p.m.; $40 for residents, $50 for non-residents; ages 18 and older; 8500 N. Continental Reserve Loop; for more information, call 382-1950, or go online to http://www.marana.com">www.marana.com.