Recreation calendar for May 28 - June 2
Wednesday, May 28
• Find some peace this summer, by sending the kids to Oro Valley’s Summer Fun Camps. Programs begin in early June and include swimming, field trips and other fun activities. Details: For dates, times and fees, call 229-5050, or log onto http://www.orovalley.net/pkrec">www.orovalley.net/pkrec.
• It’s never too early to start molding a future millionaire. Register your young ‘baller for a shot to participate in the Ten Star All Star Basketball Camp, which has featured pros including Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan and Grant Hill. Details: Find out more about the invite-only camp by calling (704) 373-0873, or going online to http://www.tenstarcamp.com">www.tenstarcamp.com.
Thursday, May 29
• Stretch your limbs and inner universe with dynamic yoga classes offered by Maria Kalima. Your body, mind and fellow beings will thank you for it. Details: 9 to 10:15 a.m.; Oro Valley Recreation Room, 11143 N. La Cañada, Suite 107; $10; for more information, call 229-5050.
Saturday, May 31
• It’s a bird! And another! And likely more, as you gaze cardinals, hummingbirds and raptors during this naturalist-guided, family-oriented bird walk geared toward beginners. Binoculars are available, or bring your own. Details: 8 to 9:30 a.m.; Agua Caliente Park, 12325 E. Roger Road; free for all ages; for more information, call 615-7855 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Help your dogs enjoy their days with positive, no-force dog obedience classes. Small classes allow individual attention, but a minimum five dogs are necessary to schedule classes. No choke collars, please. Details: 9:30 a.m.; Oro Valley James D. Kriegh Park, 23 W. Calle Concordia; $160 for eight weeks; for more information, call 229-5050.
Sunday, June 1
• Members of the Oro Valley Mixed Doubles Tennis Group seek a few good backhands. Details: 7:30 a.m.; $5 ball fee every 10 weeks; Ironwood Ridge High School tennis courts, 2475 W. Naranja Drive; for more information, call 575-0829.
Monday, June 2
• Three words: Learn to swim! Oro Valley’s summer swim lessons kick off Monday, with morning and evening classes, at $20 for 40-minute sessions. Details: Obtain registration information by calling 297-5279.
• Cool off and discover aquatic fun with water polo! The Monday/Wednesday/Friday lessons include equipment and welcome all skill levels. Free drop-in games follow Friday sessions. Details: 6:30 to 7:10 p.m.; Oro Valley Municipal Pool, 23 W. Calle Concordia; $20; for more information, call 297-5279.
To have your items included in The Explorer’s recreation calendar, e-mail Sports Editor Craig Grau at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him at 797-4384, ext. 112.