Tucson Local Media: Letters To The Editor

Letters To The Editor

Friday 05/19/2017
Oppose ADOT’s I-11 plan
Posted: May 19, 2017 - 4:00 am

I can’t believe that Tucson Local Media’s papers ignored the Arizona Department of Transportation’s public meetings on their “alternative routes” for an Interstate 11 highway from Wickenburg to Nogales. Meetings May 2 and 3 in Tucson and Marana brought out over 400 people who were mostly opposed to any route through the Avra Valley.

Comments (0)
O’Halloran must explain opposition to new health bill
Posted: May 19, 2017 - 4:00 am

Last year I had to pay $10,000 in co-pays and deductibles for spine surgery. My premium then went up 45 percent, on top of 25 percent, on top of... It is now my largest monthly expense—All a direct result of Obamcare and its mandates. Nobody is paying my premium and deductibles. Not a dime.

Comments (0)
Thursday 05/11/2017
Not in favor of bond election
Posted: May 11, 2017 - 4:00 am

In early 2015, Mayor Hiremath Satish spoke at open houses about the purchase of the golf courses and community center. He always stressed why it was not wise to bond that purchase. In January 2015, he wrote an article to the citizens of Oro Valley which appeared in the Explorer. These are his words:

Comments (0)
Appalled By Ducey and lawmakers on education
Posted: May 11, 2017 - 4:00 am

I am appalled and disgusted by Gov. Doug Ducey and our “so-called” Arizona legislature. I am a retired educator (35 years in Arizona public schools) and I am physically sick at how our “so-called legislators” treat our teachers. To give teachers a 1 percent, one-year bonus is a slap in the face.

Comments (0)
Equal rights for women
Posted: May 11, 2017 - 4:00 am

State Rep. Pamela Hanley, a Tucson Democrat, submitted legislation to put Arizona on record in support of the Equal Rights Amendment. When the Republican leadership refused to give her a hearing, she made a motion that the measure be brought to the full House for an immediate vote. Shame on Speaker J.D. Mesnard, who then called for a vote to recess, and his partisans who supported him, for an incredible display of moral cowardice.

Comments (0)
Other options on Naranja Park?
Posted: May 11, 2017 - 4:00 am

I was in the audience during the May 3 Town Council meeting when numerous coaches, soccer moms, Little League officials and players eloquently spoke of the need for more youth playing fields. I agree. After living in 15 communities during my military service and corporate assignments, I can attest that Oro Valley has shamefully ignored the need for youth athletic fields.

Comments (0)
Tuesday 04/25/2017
Animal control debate in Marana
Posted: April 25, 2017 - 10:34 am

On April 4th the Marana Town Council voted not to renew a contract with Pima County for animal services (enforcement and licensing). This decision was made following nearly a year of research and discussions with Pima County administration on how to best serve our residents and their pets.

Comments (0)
Value-based care should be everyone’s expectation from Northwest Healthcare
Posted: April 25, 2017 - 10:34 am

UnitedHealthcare is honored to serve more than 2 million Arizonans and support their access to quality, affordable health care from more than 26,000 health care professionals and nearly 100 hospitals across the state. For the last several months, we have been negotiating in good faith with Northwest Healthcare to renew both their hospitals’ and physicians’ participation in our network for employer-sponsored, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid health plans.

Comments (0)
Wednesday 04/19/2017
Do Taxpayers Want to Continue Support Failing Golf Course?
Posted: April 19, 2017 - 4:00 am

The town of Oro Valley has a very important decision to make.  Do the taxpayers of Oro Valley wish to continue to pay for a failing golf course and restaurant or do they wish to fund further development of Naranja Park?

Comments (0)