Tucson Local Media: Letters To The Editor

Letters To The Editor

Tuesday 10/25/2016
Gratefully, I’ll go the polls on Election Day
Posted: October 25, 2016 - 4:12 pm

I’ll be going to the polls on Election Day.

Comments (0)
Tuesday 10/18/2016
Hey sign stealers …
Posted: October 18, 2016 - 3:51 pm

Comments (0)
Vote Atchue and Hammond
Posted: October 18, 2016 - 3:52 pm

Recently I attended two public forums which featured Ralph Atchue and Corin Hammond, candidates for Senator and Representative in Legislative District 11. Also present were incumbents Steve Smith, Mark Finchem and Vince Leach.

Comments (0)
Only Dems care?
Posted: October 18, 2016 - 3:52 pm

I read with great interest the letter from Emerge Board President Krista Pacion. I have always been a supporter of the Emerge program but must have been misinformed. I thought this was a program to help abused individuals (whether women or men) and this is where their emphasis is. It appears that encouraging women to run for political office is another avenue of support. Fine, but then she goes on to mention that Emerge supports Democratic women who wish to run. Why just Democratic women? Don’t all women have a right to representation by individuals that support their opinions? Or is it just those who are Democratic? I am one of those evil conservative people who give money to charities I believe in. I don’t give money to political causes and since Emerge seems to be such an organization, they’re off the list. And as a side note: The terms Democratic and Democrat are not interchangeable. A Democrat is a s! ocialist in sheeps clothing at best. Democratic is more of a general term stating what our country used to be.

Comments (0)
Tuesday 10/11/2016
AZ women qualified
Posted: October 11, 2016 - 12:45 pm

The decision to run for public office can seem like a daunting one. That’s especially true for women, who are starkly underrepresented in offices in Arizona and face unique challenges as female candidates. However, for every reason to not run for office, there are ten reasons why women from Arizona should.

Comments (0)
Supporting Corin Hammond
Posted: October 11, 2016 - 12:44 pm

I am voting for Democrat Corin Hammond for Arizona House, legislative district 11. Corin will place a high priority on Arizona’s public education. Our public schools are the among the lowest in our country,

Comments (0)
Tuesday 10/04/2016
Cheese Anyone???
Posted: October 04, 2016 - 10:53 am

So after taking a deep breath and holding it, the latest edition of the Explorer was on my driveway.

Comments (0)
Campaign sign woes
Posted: October 04, 2016 - 10:54 am

Comments (1)
Tuesday 09/27/2016
The Art of the Lie
Posted: September 27, 2016 - 3:03 pm

Well, it sure didn’t take long for Don Cox (charter member of the so-called civility crowd) to submit a self-congratulatory letter to the Explorer gloating that the Oro Valley Town Council incumbents lost the election.  His letter was filled with civil words and phrases to include “vilify, liars, bitching” and “clean out their desks and leave.”  He claimed that the results revealed that, “there can be no argument about where the people stand.”

Comments (0)
Tuesday 09/20/2016
Veteran put in a Basket
Posted: September 20, 2016 - 12:45 pm

I recently learned I am no longer a patriotic veteran, but rather have been relegated to the “Basket of Deplorables.”  I am irredeemable, un-American, racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic and Islamophobia.

Comments (2)