Tucson Local Media: Letters To The Editor

Letters To The Editor

Wednesday 04/19/2017
Do Taxpayers Want to Continue Support Failing Golf Course?
Posted: April 19, 2017 - 4:00 am

The town of Oro Valley has a very important decision to make.  Do the taxpayers of Oro Valley wish to continue to pay for a failing golf course and restaurant or do they wish to fund further development of Naranja Park?

Comments (0)
Wednesday 02/22/2017
Letters to the editor
Posted: February 22, 2017 - 4:00 am

START WITH WALKABILITY FOR MAIN STREET

Comments (0)
Wednesday 02/08/2017
You Say
Posted: February 08, 2017 - 4:00 am

Lamenting library closing

Comments (0)
Tuesday 12/20/2016
Posted: December 20, 2016 - 11:54 am

I would like to thank the Oro Valley Mayor, City Council, and especially the Oro Valley Police Chief and his officers for recognizing the need to adopt a “hands free” driving ordinance here.  I can tell you first hand of the danger this behavior represents. In the past year, I have been run off the road on my Harley by a driver changing lanes, into my lane while using a hand held device.  Another instance involved a person approaching me from the oncoming lane, and turning left in front of me, causing me to skid both tires in order to stop in time to avoid becoming a hood ornament on a Cadillac.  Having a cell phone is nearly a necessity these days, I agree, but using it as a matter of convenience while driving is a deadly combination.  The National Highway and Traffic Safety Association and AAA agree. Here are a few sobering stats:

Comments (0)
Emerge! Clarification
Posted: December 20, 2016 - 11:56 am

On October 11, a Letter to the Editor in the Explorer entitled “AZ Women Qualified” was published by the President of Emerge Arizona, which caused some confusion with Explorer readers. We at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse would like to take a moment to clarify who we are, and hopefully ease the concerned minds of our many incredible supporters who live in the Northwest side of Tucson.

Comments (0)
Tuesday 12/13/2016
Reader writes in on love of OV
Posted: December 13, 2016 - 11:44 am

Ma’am: you asked once to have an in-box full up with letters on why we love it here, so here goes]

Comments (0)
Someone’s opinion doesn’t mean it’s true
Posted: December 13, 2016 - 11:45 am

You publish a newspaper. This makes you journalists. That gives you the responsibility to determine what is printed in your paper. One hopes, as a reader, you do not promulgate lies. Yet by saying the opinions sent in are the opinions of the author, you try to disassociate yourself from what is printed. It is still printed in your paper, and no matter where they come from they are still lies.

Comments (0)
Protect medicare for seniors
Posted: December 13, 2016 - 11:45 am

U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, Representative Kevin Brady, Chairman, Ways and Means Committee, and Representative Tom Price, Chairman, Budget Committee, who is President-elect Donald Trump’s nominee for Secretary of Health and Human Services, are among Republican leaders in the U.S. House who support legislation to privatize Medicare by converting it to a “premium support” system.  I urge your newspaper to editorialize against their efforts to change Medicare to a “voucher” plan that will raise the cost of health care for seniors.

Comments (0)
Not My Title
Posted: December 13, 2016 - 11:46 am

Yes, I did write the article in the Dec. 7 edition of The Explorer as a rebuttal to Mr. Steele’s Nov. 30 letter; however, I did not write the title, “Mr. Steele Must Be The Worst Person In The World” above it.  This was done by The Explorer Editor.  I have informed The Explorer that this is definitely not a title I would have written or agreed with and they should have contacted me before arbitrarily printing it.  My title would be:  Time To Stop Getting Even!

Comments (0)
Tuesday 12/06/2016
Mr. Steele must be the worst person in the world
Posted: December 06, 2016 - 2:35 pm

After reading Mr. Steele’s opinion letter in the November 30th edition of the Explorer, I came away with several thoughts. I perceive that Mr. Steele is a very mean spirited, spiteful, vindictive, and angry man–and, from the many quotes included in his article, he must have been a fly on the wall during the D.C. steakhouse private dining room meeting he referred to. Isn’t it just possible that President Obama’s policy objectives were the reason for the strong opposition proposals.

Comments (0)