Tucson Local Media: Letters To The Editor

Letters To The Editor

Tuesday 12/06/2016
Mr. Steele must be the worst person in the world
Posted: December 06, 2016 - 2:35 pm

After reading Mr. Steele’s opinion letter in the November 30th edition of the Explorer, I came away with several thoughts. I perceive that Mr. Steele is a very mean spirited, spiteful, vindictive, and angry man–and, from the many quotes included in his article, he must have been a fly on the wall during the D.C. steakhouse private dining room meeting he referred to. Isn’t it just possible that President Obama’s policy objectives were the reason for the strong opposition proposals.

Comments (0)
Tuesday 11/15/2016
Voting for 'Intrinsic Evil'
Posted: November 15, 2016 - 10:53 am

As a Catholic Christian, I am amazed at the justification I hear for voting for candidates supporting abortion. The encyclical written in 2004 by Cardinal Ratzinger, now Pope-emeritus Benedict XVI, forbids Catholics to vote for any candidate supporting the intrinsic evils of abortion or euthanasia under pain of mortal sin.

Comments (0)
Tuesday 11/08/2016
On gun disposal, Finchem
Posted: November 08, 2016 - 10:03 am

Once again it seems that Rep. Finchem had engaged his mouth before engaging his brain. To try and bring up all the other statements by Rep. Finchem would probably put a lot of the Explorers readers to sleep.  So I’ll keep to the whoppers. He was quoted in the Star as saying about Tucson’s gun disposal program “The city of Tucson flagrantly violated state statutes and deprived the taxpayers of the opportunity to obtain fair-market value of a public asset.” “And guns should be auctioned to the highest bidder”. He sited SB 1487 that says if local governments violate State laws lose their state-shared revenue if they don’t stop. I wonder why Mr. Finchem doesn’t insiststhat all drugs confiscated by the police be sold to the public so that they can obtain fair-market value of a public asset?

Comments (0)
Half-truths don’t work
Posted: November 08, 2016 - 10:02 am

In response to Mr. Peters and his continuous use of half-truths to make his points seem legitimate and in fact exclusion or lack of knowledge of the role of Council Members:

Comments (0)
Tuesday 11/01/2016
Posted: November 01, 2016 - 3:15 pm

Law enforcement is most often a thankless job. It’s understandable...after all, how many of us feel thankful when we receive a ticket or find ourselves in a situation where the police have been called?

Comments (0)
Sore winner?
Posted: November 01, 2016 - 3:17 pm

Listening to Councilmember-elect Steve Solomon’s mean-spirited speech during the October 19th Town Council meeting left me thinking, “What a sore winner!”

Comments (1)
Emerge! In Tucson does good work
Posted: November 01, 2016 - 3:17 pm

Last week I submitted a letter against the Emerge! program for abuse. After reading the letter from Krista Pacion I had the impression that Emerge! and EmergeArizona! were the same organization. I have found out since then that they are not! Emerge! is a program to help against domestic abuse whereas EmergeArizona! is just a politico machine. I think Emerge! does great work in helping stop domestic abuse and I support them and will continue to do so. As far as EmergeArizona! my letter as it apples to them still stands and I think maybe they should consider changing their name so there are no issues or at the very least drop the exclamation point.

Comments (0)
Vote for Leach, Smith and Finchem
Updated: November 02, 2016 - 8:43 am

This election year is so disappointing on so many levels. We have two New York liberals with the worst favorability ratings and the highest unfavorable ratings of any prior presidential candidates in my lifetime.

Comments (2)
Are You Owed $14,000?
Posted: November 01, 2016 - 11:23 am

As an Oro Valley taxpayer you may be owed over $14,000!

Comments (0)
Tuesday 10/25/2016
Gratefully, I’ll go the polls on Election Day
Posted: October 25, 2016 - 4:12 pm

I’ll be going to the polls on Election Day.

Comments (0)