Thursday, July 22
• The Pima County Republican Women luncheon features speaker Sen. Al Melvin. Details: 11 a.m.; Acacia Restaurant, 4340 N. Campbell Ave.; $25, $20 members; 615-9494.
Monday, July 26
• The Oro Valley Finance & Bond Committee meets. Details: 6-8 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Canada Dr.; 229-4700.
Tuesday, July 27
• Pima Council on Aging offers information and referral service for seniors. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Library, 7800 N. Schisler Dr.; 594-5200.
• The Marana Town Council meets for a special session. Details: 6 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
• The Greater Catalina/Golder Ranch Village Council meets. Details: 7-9 p.m.; Summer Institute of Linguistics, 16131 N. Vernon Dr.; www.catalinaaz.org.
• Avra Valley Fire District Board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Halberg Center, 15790 W. Silverbell Rd.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, July 28
• The Marana Planning Commission meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
• The Coffee Party of NW Tucson holds a panel discussion of ethnic studies law with guest speakers Dr. William Fry, Sal Galbadon and Dr. Carol Edelsky. Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.