Upcoming government and political meetings.
THURSDAY, MAY 7
• Activist and retired labor educator and union official Albert Vetere Lannon will address the effects of the proposed I-10 freeway exit on the wildlife and residents of the Marana/Avra Valley area at the NW Democrats meeting. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Thunder Canyon Brewery, 7401 N. La Cholla Blvd.; free (food and drinks not included); 297-0095 or 742-1019.
FRIDAY, MAY 8
• The Oro Valley Republican Women's Club meets for a monthly luncheon with guest speaker. Details: 11:30 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; meal cost only (reservation required); 531-9503.
SATURDAY, MAY 9
• The Arizona Women's Political Caucus presents workshop Project Pipeline to encourage more women to participate in the political process as well as to think seriously about running for office. Details: 9 a.m.-noon; YWCA Tucson, 525 North Bonita Avenue; 297-3422.
• The Arizona Democratic Party's quarterly State Committee meets at Amphi High. Details: 10 a.m.; 125 W. Yavapai; 298-4200.
MONDAY, MAY 11
• Young Republicans meet. Details: 6:30 p.m. social, 7:00 meeting; Old Pueblo Grill on Broadway; 248-1258.
• Jason Williams, Candidate for State Superintendent for Public Instruction, will speak at the Democrats of Oro Valley meeting. Details: 7 p.m.; Oro Valley Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 742-3774.
TUESDAY, MAY 12
• The Marana Town Council will meet for a budget study session. Details: 6 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; for more information, call 382-1999.
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisor's hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.
• The Amphitheater School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7:00 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 West Wetmore Road.