Thursday, Jan. 13
• The State Archives and the Department of Emergency and Military Affairs offer an Essential Records Workshop targeted for those tasked with managing essential records and/or responding to emergencies. Details: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; http://www.lib.az.us/records/training/aspx">www.lib.az.us/records/training/aspx.
• The Oro Valley Planning & Zoning Commission meets. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Oracle School District governing board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; 725 N. Carpenter Dr.; 896-3070.
• The Marana Unified School District governing board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-4774.
Friday, Jan. 14
• The Oro Valley Republican Women’s Club meets. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; $18; 797-9237.
Saturday, Jan. 15
• The League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson meet to discuss the Arms Control Update. Details: 10 a.m.–noon; Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave.; free; 622-0905.
Monday, Jan. 17
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees (NARFE) Chapter 1874 meets with a speaker from the U.S. Border Patrol. Details: 11:30 a.m.; Home Town Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $9.50; 908-0774.
Tuesday, Jan. 18
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors meets. Details: 9 a.m.; Supervisors’ hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 W. Congress St.; 740-8126.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Marana Town Council meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.
Wednesday, Jan. 19
• The Oro Valley Town Council meets. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
Thursday, Jan. 20
• Pima County Republican Women’s Club meets with guest speaker Arizona Star Reporter Rob O’Dell. Details: 11 a.m.; Sheraton Hotel, 5151 E. Grant Rd.; $20; 615-9494.