Thursday, March 18
• Tom Volgy, UA professor of political science, will present perspectives on "Obama A Year Later…What His Successes and Failures Mean for National Politics?" Details: 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.; Tucson Jewish Community Center, 3800 E. River Road; free; 299-3000.
Saturday, March 20
• The Town of Marana will hold its Founders' Day celebration at Ora Mae Harn Park. Details: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.; 13250 N. Lon Adams Road; free.
Monday, March 22
• Pima Council on Aging will provide information and referral service on issues concerning older people; such as housing options, transportation, food, mental health, caregiving, social services and legal aid. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.
Tuesday, March 23
• Pima Council on Aging will provide information and referral service on issues concerning older people; such as housing options, transportation, food, mental health, caregiving, social services and legal aid. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Library, 7800 N. Schisler Drive; free; 229-5300.
• The Pima County Republican luncheon features speaker Rod Pace, president and CEO of Rosemont Copper. Details: 12 p.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.
• The Oro Valley Development Review Board will meet. Details: 6-10 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. LaCañada Drive; free; 229-4700.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712; free.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; free; 696-5000.
• The Greater Catalina/Golder Ranch Village Council will meet. Details: 7-9 p.m.; Summer Institute of Linguistics, 16131 N. Vernon Drive; free; http://www.catalinaaz.org">www.catalinaaz.org.
Wednesday, March 24
• The Metropolitan Pima Alliance will hold its annual 2010 Wild Ride with insights on corporate relocation decisions. Details: 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Pima Air and Space Museum, 6000 E. Valencia Road; $100, $75 members; http://www.mpaaz.org">www.mpaaz.org.