Interstate 10: Picacho Peak Road to Pinal Air Park Road
• On Wednesday, Aug. 19, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning, intermittent left- and right-lane restrictions are scheduled for milepost 223 for installation of traffic loops. One lane will remain open at all times.
• On Wednesday, Aug. 19, and Thursday, Aug. 20, from 8 p.m. each night to 6 a.m. the following morning, right-lane restrictions are scheduled from milepost 220 to milepost 226 for milling. One lane will remain open at all times.
• On Wednesday, Aug. 19, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning, left-lane restrictions are scheduled from milepost 224 to milepost 218 for paving. One lane will remain open at all times.
• On Thursday, Aug. 20, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. the following morning, intermittent left- and right-lane restrictions are scheduled from milepost 224 to milepost 218 for striping. One lane will remain open at all times.
Picacho Peak Road
• Through Friday, Aug. 21, from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, intermittent single-lane restrictions are scheduled for both directions of Picacho Peak Road under the bridge for painting. Traffic will be maintained in both directions on the roadway and flaggers will assist motorists through the construction area.
Twin Peaks interchange
The westbound frontage road from Cortaro to Avra Valley roads closed Monday morning. Motorists should use I-10 as a detour route. The westbound frontage road will remain closed until late 2010. No bike or pedestrian access will be provided along the westbound frontage road during this closure.
The left lane on westbound I-10 near milepost 245 continues to be closed while crews pave and stripe the shoulder in preparation for September's traffic switch. Median work is also taking place in this area. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph.
The shoulder paving and new striping will create four travel lanes, two eastbound and two westbound. Eastbound I-10 will be shifted this September once the shoulder and median work is complete. The traffic switch will allow interchange construction to begin over the eastbound lanes on I-10 at milepost 245.
Construction and utility work are under way on the new Tiffany Loop roadway. The roadway is anticipated to be open by the end of September.
Construction hours are from 5:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday. At times, weekend work will be necessary to maintain the construction schedule.