A roundup of recent area crimes in Marana, Oro Valley and Pima County.
• Shortly after 4 p.m. on Wednesday, July 9, an officer responded to a shoplifting call at the Sportsman’s Warehouse on the 3900 block of West Costco Drive. The store’s loss prevention manager had stopped a juvenile male from stealing a paintball gun. As the store worker stopped the boy, he saw two other young males sitting in a black truck outside leave the parking lot. The officer questioned the boy, who claimed that the others waiting for him in the truck, his cousins, also had shoplifted paintball equipment a few days earlier. The officer phoned the other boys’ father, who later returned the stolen items worth an estimated $684.93. The officer arrested the boys on charges of shoplifting before releasing them to their parents.
• About 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 10, police arrested a woman on a charge of shoplifting. She allegedly stole several items from the Kohls department store on the 5800 block of West Arizona Pavillions Drive. The woman admitting taking clothing and accessories worth about $300, according police. She stole the items “for her sister who is going through a tough time.” The woman also had an oustanding warrant for her arrest in Tucson for a liquor law violation. Police booked her into the county jail.
• Shortly before 10 p.m. on Friday, July 4, police arrested four people following a fight at a home on the 11000 block of North Silver Pheasant Loop. At one point during the altercation, according to police, one of the four allegedly beat a dog at the residence. Police arrested three men on charges of disorderly conduct and a juvenile female on charges of disorderly conduct and underage drinking.
• Shortly after 3:15 p.m. on Monday, July 7, police responded to a reported burglary at a home on the 1200 block of West Lodestone. The resident said someone took items from his home worth an estimated $30,000, including several electronic devices and various pieces of gold and diamond jewelry. The resident suspected that the burglars used a spare key taken from his son’s wallet, which went missing a few months ago. For lack of evidence, police closed the case.
• About 8 a.m. on Tuesday, July 8, police arrested a man on a charge of possession of marijuana and driving without a license near Rancho Vistoso.Another driver had called police after suspecting the man of smoking marijuana while driving. Once stopped, the man admitted to using the drug and using a friend’s driver’s license, according to police. Police impounded his red Dodge Neon and booked the man into county jail.
• On Saturday, July 5, at 10:21 a.m., three African-American males robbed a US Bank on the 2800 block of East Skyline Drive. All three wore ski masks, wide-brimmed hats and green reflective vests. They entered the bank with handguns asking for money. They then tied up and assaulted several customers as well as employees before fleeing with a large, undisclosed amount of cash in a late model dark-colored, four-door Ford Explorer. Police consider the men armed and dangerous. Anyone with information should call 911 or 88-CRIME.