Thursday, Jan. 21
• The Sun City Vistoso Government Affairs Committee will host a town hall meeting with Mayor Paul Loomis. Details; 1-3 p.m.; Sun City Vistoso Center, Apache Room, 1565 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; free; 825-3711.
Saturday, Jan. 23
• The Men's Auxiliary to the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Marana Post 5990 and the Devils' Brigade Horseshoe Club presents "A Day to Thank Our Heroes," raising awareness and support for the Wounded Warriors Project. Details: 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; 15850 W. El Tiro Road; $10; veterans/active duty military free; www. http://woundedwarriorproject.org">woundedwarriorproject.org or email@example.com.
Tuesday, Jan. 26
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisor's hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.
• Pima Council on Aging Information and Referral Service will offer free information and referral service on issues of concern to older adults. Details: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Library, 7800 N. Schisler Drive; free; 594-5200.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; free; 696-5000.
• The Marana Town Council will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; free; 682-3401.
• Pima County Republican Club Luncheon will be held with guest speaker Margaret Dugan. Details: 11:30 a.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.; $10.
Wednesday, Jan. 27
• Ground-breaking film about global Muslim public opinion, "Inside Islam; What a Billion Muslims Really Think," will premiere. Details: 7-9 p.m.; UA Gallagher Theater, 1303 E. University Blvd.; free; 621-1414.