Thursday, Sept. 23
• The American Legion Auxiliary, Oro Valley Unit 132 seeks new members. Details: 6-7 p.m.; California Design Center/Studio C, 11085 N. Oracle Rd.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The MUSD governing board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-4774.
Friday, Sept. 24
• The League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson SaddleBrooke Unit holds an Arizona Legislature candidates forum. Details: 2-4 p.m.; MountainView Clubhouse Ballroom.
Saturday, Sept. 25
• The Sun City Government Affairs Committee presents council member Lou Waters. Details: 10-11:30 a.m.; Sun City Vistoso Social Hall, Hopi Room, 1495 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; 395-5866.
Sunday, Sept. 26
• David Schaller, formerly of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and co-founder of carbon offset non-profit The Local Trust, offers "Understanding Carbon Credits in the Tucson Community." Details: 12:30-2:30 p.m.; Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Northwest Tucson, 3601 W. Cromwell Dr.; free (11:45 a.m. optional lunch for suggested $5 donation); 579-7094.
Tuesday, Sept. 28
• The Pima County Republican Club luncheon features Hank Kenzki, Jon Kyl's office on elections. Details: 11:30 a.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Greater Catalina/Golder Ranch Village Council meets. Details: 7-9 p.m., main auditorium, Summer Institute of Linguistics, 16131 N. Vernon Dr.; www.catalinaaz.org.
Wednesday, Sept. 29
• The Marana Planning Commission meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex Council Chambers, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-3401.