Thursday, Aug. 20
• A health reform forum is being hosted by Democratic state representatives. Details: 10 a.m.-noon; Heritage Highlands Clubhouse, 4949 W. Heritage Club Blvd.; free; 926-5848.
Thursday and Tuesday, Aug. 20 and 25
• The Pima Democrats are seeking volunteers for phone banks for permanent early voting list. Details: 5-8 p.m.; Pima Democratic Headquarters, 4639 E. 1st Street; free; 870-0782. Volunteers are also sought from 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday.
Friday, Aug. 21
• Councilman Rodney Glassman's first Tucson Birthday Cake Bake-off will be held at the Ward 2 office. Details: 7:30 a.m.-noon; 7575 E. Speedway Blvd.; free; 791-4687.
Tuesday, Aug. 25
• Greater Catalina/Golder Ranch Village Council will meet. Details: 7-9 p.m.; Main Auditorium, Summer Institute of Linguistics, 16131 N. Vernon Drive; free; http://www.catalinaaz.org">www.catalinaaz.org.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; free; 696-5000.
Wednesday, Aug. 26
• The Oro Valley Town Council will meet. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Town Hall Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Canada Drive; free; 229-4700.
• Pima County Democratic Party will hold a blood drive. Details: 1-6 p.m.; Pima Democratic Headquarters, 4639 E. 1st Street; free; 822-7343.