Government and political events in our area.
FRIDAY, JULY 4
• Government offices closed.
MONDAY, JULY 7
• The Democrats of Greater Tucson will meet for lunch, featuring a discussion with Democratic state senators Paula Aboud and Jorge Garcia and state representatives David Bradley and Steve Farley on “How We Democrats Survived the 2008 Legislature.” Details: Noon; Dragon View restaurant, 400 N. Bonita Ave.; $8.50; for more information, call Marion Pickens at 296-5908 or 326-3716.
TUESDAY, JULY 8
• The Pima County Republican Club will hear county attorney candidate Brad Roach and county sheriff candidate Harry Shaw discuss their campaigns. Details: Noon; Sabbar Shrine Temple, 450 S. Tucson Blvd.; for more information, call Sam Sharp at 749-4128.
• The Flowing Wells Unified School District governing board will meet. Details: 6 to 8 p.m.; at the district’s offices, 1556 W. Prince Road; for more information, call 696-8801.
• The Oro Valley Parks and Recreation Advisory Board will meet. Details: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room in town hall, 11000 N. La Cañada Drive; for more information, call 229-4700.
THURSDAY, JULY 10
• The Pima County Democratic Nucleus Club 1 will hold a forum featuring opponents in the District 3 county supervisor’s race, incumbent Sharon Bronson and challenger Donna Branch-Gilby. Details: 5:30 p.m.; Viscount Suite Hotel, 4855 E. Broadway Blvd.; for more information, call Ash Silverberg at 326-3716.