Thursday, Feb. 25
• Solar Power 101, a community education series on solar energy presented by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Pima County Public Library, Solare Energy International, and local installer Solar Path will be held at the Oro Valley Public Library. Details: 6-8 p.m.; 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free, reservations suggested; 881-3588.
• The Pima County Republican Women's Club will meet with speaker pundit, blogger and author Eric Golub. Details: 11 a.m.; Sheraton Hotel & Suites, 5151 E. Grant Road; $20; 615-9494.
• The Marana Unified School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; free; 682-4774.
Feb. 25, 26, & March 5
• The Census Bureau will offer employment testing for part-time temporary positions at $13.75/hour plus mileage allowance. Details: 6-8 p.m.; Oro Valley Town Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Drive; free; 866-861-2010 or http://www.2010censusjobs.gov">www.2010censusjobs.gov.
Sunday, Feb. 28
• Veterans Overcoming Transition Issues of Exiting War and Entering Polite Society forum will be held. Details: 1-5 p.m.; Himmel Park Library, 1035 N. Treat Ave. free; 594-5305, Ext. 3.
Monday, March 1
• Women Impacting Tucson will meet with guest speakers Sunnyside school superintendent Dr. Manuel L. Isquierdo and Tucson first lady Beth Walkup. Details: 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $25, $20 in advance; email@example.com.
Tuesday, March 2
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisor's hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.
• The Marana Town Council will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; free; 682-3401.
Wednesday, March 3
• The NW Democrats will meet with speaker Jason Williams, candidate for superintendent of public instruction for the state of Arizona. Details: 6:30-8 p.m.; Thunder Canyon Brewery, 7401 N. La Cholla Blvd.; free (food/beverage for purchase); 297-0095.
• The Town of Marana will hold an open house to discuss the fiscal year 2010-'11 budget. Details: 6 p.m.; Heritage Highlands Community Center, 4949 W. Heritage Club Blvd.; free; 382-2601.