Upcoming government and political meetings.
THURSDAY, APRIL 30
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly networking breakfast sponsored by Ventana Medical Systems. The speakers are 2009 Steve Engle Scholarship recipients. Details: 7 a.m.; Hilton El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort, 10000 N. Oracle Road; $23, $20 members; 297-2191.
FRIDAY, MAY 1
• Sustainable Tucson will hold an open meeting to gather input and creative ideas for a regional plan to ensure Tucson becomes economically and environmentally sustainable. Details: 5:45 p.m.; Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave.; free; 529-1773.
SATURDAY, MAY 2
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce sponsors the Spring Business Expo. Details: 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m.; Home Depot Garden Center, 3925 W. Costco Drive; free; 682-4314.
MONDAY, MAY 4
• The Pima County Democratic Club will meet. Details: 11:30 a.m.; Dragon's View Restaurant, 400 N. Bonita, $8.50 (includes lunch); 326-3716.
• Pima Council on Aging provides information and referral service on issues concerning older people, such as housing options, transportation, food, mental health, caregiving, social services, and legal aid. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.
TUESDAY, MAY 5 ,/b>
• The Pima County Republican Club will meet. Details: 11:30 a.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway, $10.
• The Marana Town Council will meet. Details: 7 p.m., council chambers at the Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; for more information, call 682-3243.
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisors hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold an educational class on business banking and loan information. Details: 7:30 a.m.; Marana Operations Center, 5100 W. Ina Road; free; 682-4314.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 6
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly networking breakfast. Details: 7:30 a.m.; Colt's Taste of Texas, 8310 N. Thornydale Road; $20, $13 members; 682-4314.