Police reports for May 17 - May 20
• About 1:30 a.m. Saturday, May 17, police responded to a report of an assault on the 3800 block of West Orange Grove Road. No arrests were made.
• Police detained a suspected shoplifter about 4:30 p.m. Saturday, May 17, on the 3900 block of West Costco Drive.
• About 4 a.m. Sunday, May 18, police responded to a report of an assault on the 9300 block of West Tangerine Road. No arrests were made.
• Within minutes of each other, police received two reports of shoplifting at the Wal-Mart at 8280 N. Cortaro Road, after 3 p.m. Sunday, May 18. Several hours later, at about 9:50 p.m., police responded to a third shoplifting report at the store. No arrests were made.
• About 1 p.m. Friday, May 16, police arrested two teenage girls for fighting at Ironwood Ridge High School, 2475 W. Naranja Drive. School administrators had broken up the fight between the ninth-grader and 10th-grader by the time police arrived at the school. The altercation allegedly was over “rumors” being spread about one of the girl’s involvement with two boys, according to police.
• Police on Sunday, May 18, responded to reports of arson on the 2500 block East Vistoso Commerce Loop Drive. Golder Ranch fire fighters already had put out the blaze by the time an officer arrived. Someone apparently set two bales of hay on fire, according to police. No arrests were made.
• About 8 a.m. Monday, May 19, police arrested an 18-year-old woman for possessing alcohol in a car after an officer found the woman sleeping in her car in Riverfront Park, 551 W. Lambert Lane. A park worker told police that he had found an empty vodka bottle outside the woman’s car.
• About 1:45 a.m. Tuesday, May 20, police arrested four juvenile males for criminal trespassing after finding the group roaming around Ironwood Ridge High School, 2475 W. Naranja Drive. The boys had tried to padlock the school’s cafeteria, according to police, and ran when an officer came after them.