Friday, Jan. 8
• The Oro Valley Republican Women will meet with State Treasurer Dean Martin as the guest speaker. Details: 11:30 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; 275-5836.
Saturday, Jan. 9
• The Pima County Republicans of LD 26 will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; Metro Water Building, 6265 N. La Canada.
Monday, Jan. 11
• The Democrats of Oro Valley will meet with guest speaker Penny Kotterman, candidate for Superintendent of Public Instruction. Details: 7 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 742-3774.
• Pima Council on Aging Information and Referral Service will offer free information and referral service on issues of concern to older adults. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.
• The Sun City Vistoso Government Affairs Committee will host a town hall meeting with Councilman Al Kunisch. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Sun City Vistoso Center, Apache Room; 1565 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; free; 825-3711.
Tuesday, Jan. 12
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisor's hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.
• Pima Council on Aging Information and Referral Service will offer free information and referral service on issues of concern to older adults. Details: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Library, 7800 N. Schisler Drive; free; 594-5200.
• The Arizona State Genealogical Society will meet featuring presentations on "Cameras and Scanners: Making an Informed Decision" and "Rebs or Yanks: Locating the Records." Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; The Village Offices, 3182 N. Swan Road; free; 325-2038.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; free; 696-5000.
Wednesday, Jan. 13
• Ronald Marx and Matthew Ladner will hold an "off the record debate" on education funding. Details: 7-8:30 a.m.; Arizona Inn, 2200 E. Elm Street; $40 (includes breakfast); 626-8752.