Thursday, June 17
• The Oracle Third Thursday speakers series features State Treasurer candidate Andrei Cherny on Arizona's economy. Details: 6:30 p.m., following a by-donation dinner at 5:30; Oracle Community Center, 685 E. American Ave.
• Pima County Republicans hold a social with speakers State Superintendent Tom Horne & LD 26 House Candidate Terri Proud. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Skybox Restaurant & Sports Bar, 5605 E. River Rd.
Saturday, June 19
• The Town of Oro Valley holds Dispose-A-Med to properly dispose of unused/expired prescription and over-the-counter medications. Details: 8 a.m-12 p.m.; Target, 10555 N. Oracle Rd.
Tuesday, June 22
• Pima Council on Aging provides information and referral service on issues concerning older people; such as housing options, transportation, food, mental health, caregiving, social services and legal aid. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Library, 7800 N. Schisler Drive; 229-5300.
• Pima County Republican Club Lunch features speaker Chris Flowers, CD7 Candidate. Details: 11:30 a.m.; El Parador Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.
Wednesday, June 23
• The Oro Valley Town Council meets for a study session. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Canada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Coffee Party of NW Tucson holds an open house with speaker Rodney Glassman, Democrat running for U.S. Senate. Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Greater Catalina/Golder Ranch Village Council meets. Details: 7-9 p.m.; Summer Institute of Linguistics, 16131 N Vernon Dr.; http://www.catalinaaz.org">www.catalinaaz.org.