Thursday, Jan. 28
• The Marana Unified School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Drive; free; 682-4774.
• Access Tucson will present the TV program Health Care Reform: Where Do We Go from Here? Details: 5:45 p.m.; 124 E. Broadway Blvd.; free; 722-2837.
• The Pima County Republican Women's Club Luncheon will be held with speaker Brenda Burns, candidate for Arizona Corporate Commissioner. Details: 11 a.m.; McMahon's Steakhouse, 2959 N. Swan Road.
Friday, Jan. 29
• Mayor Bob Walkup will speak at the State of the City Luncheon. Details: 11:30-1:30 p.m.; Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church Ave.; $45; 792-2250, Ext. 132.
Tuesday, Feb. 2
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisor's hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.
• Pima County Republican Club Luncheon will be held at El Parador Restaurant. Details: 12 p.m.; 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.
• The Oro Valley Art Review Commission will meet. Details: 4-9 p.m.; Hopi Room, 11000 N. LaCanada Drive; free; 229-4700.
• The Oro Valley Planning & Zoning Commission will meet. Details: 6-10 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. LaCanada Drive; free; 229-4700.
Wednesday, Feb. 3
• The NW Democrats will meet with former Pima County Supervisor and activist Ed Moore speaking on the history and challenges of preserving quarterhorse racing at Rillito Downs. Details: 6:30-8 p.m.; Thunder Canyon Brewery, Foothills Mall; 297-0095.