Saturday, Nov. 7
• Sustainable Tucson will hold a potluck picnic at Reid Park to discuss how to unite the Tucson community toward a more sustainable future. Details: 11a.m.-3p.m.; 900 S. Randolph Way, Ramada 14 and 15; free, bring your own picnic; 770-9861.
Monday, Nov. 9
• The Oro Valley Water Utility Commission will meet. Details: 6-8:30 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Canada Drive; free; 229-4700.
• The Democrats of Oro Valley will meet, with guest speaker editorial cartoonist David Fitzsimmons. Details: 7 p.m.; Oro Valley Library, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 742-3774.
Tuesday, Nov. 10
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors will meet. Details: 9 a.m.; supervisor's hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 West Congress Street; for more information, call 740-8126.
• American Legion Oro Valley Post 132 will meet at the Catalina Elks Lodge. Details: 6:30-7:30 p.m.; 16045 N. Oracle Road; free, new members welcome; email@example.com.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712; free.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board will meet. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; free; 696-5000.
• VFW Post 7399 is seeking additional members for their meetings on the third Thursday of each month. Details: 2 p.m.; 14640 Bowman Road, Catalina; 825-9654 for more information.