Radio Shack burglary

On Sunday, May 1, at about 3:31 a.m., Oro Valley police officers responded to the Radio Shack at 10565 Oracle Road to investigate a burglary alarm. On arrival, officers saw a white male exiting the store with an armload of boxes. Upon seeing the officers, the male ran back into the store and climbed into the ceiling. The suspect, later identified as 37-year-old Aaron H. Deaton from Las Vegas, Nev., was taken into custody at 6 a.m. During the preliminary investigation, officers located drills and other burglary tools inside Deaton’s vehicle. Investigators believe Deaton may be responsible for the Radio Shack burglary on Dec. 18, 2010, and several other burglaries in Marana and Tucson.

Birds shot with BB gun

On Sunday, April 24, at about 7 p.m., Oro Valley police responded to the 12000 block of N. Copper Queen Way in response to someone hearing shots fired. Police met with witnesses who said they saw a young male with a rifle in their yard after hearing what sounded like gunshots. The witnesses were concerned because their grandchildren were playing in their backyard. Witnesses also told police they discovered three dead birds in their backyard. In a separate incident, police met with another nearby resident who also heard the shots and discovered a bird in his swimming pool that had apparently been shot by a BB gun. Police then went to the suspect’s house in 12000 block of Granville Canyon Way and made contact with a 16-year-old and his father. The 16-year-old admitted to shooting his BB gun in the backyard. After explaining the dangers of shooting the gun in the backyard and informing him how the neighbors were upset about finding dead birds in their yards, police arrested the 16-year-old for discharging a weapon; he was then paper-referred to his father.

Cars broken into at park

On Sunday, April 24, at about 5 p.m., Oro Valley police responded to Riverfront Park in response to multiple thefts from vehicles. When police arrived, they met with three separate victims who all said their vehicles had been broken into and had items taken. The first victim, the owner of a 2004 Yukon, had parked his vehicle at 2:30 p.m. and came back to his vehicle after a family member told him the passenger-side rear window was smashed in. The first victim told police his daughter’s make-up and MP3 player, a total value of about $230, were missing,. The second victim told police she also arrived at the park at 2:30 p.m. and noticed the passenger-side front window was smashed in on her 2010 Altima around 5 p.m. She told police she was missing a purse, which had a wallet, about $200, an MP3 player, a store credit card, eyeglasses and a few other items, all valued at about $1,200. The third victim, who also arrived at the same time as the others, had her 2005 PT Cruiser broken into. When she returned to the vehicle, she found the driver’s-side rear window was smashed in, and was missing was a purse with a wallet, about $200 and a credit card, all totaling about $385. All victims did not touch their vehicles, and evidence was collected at the scene. The case is active, pending results.

Man possesses drug paraphernalia

On Thursday, April 14, 11:15 a.m., Oro Valley police noticed a vehicle on the side of the road at Oracle Road and El Conquistador Way with its hood up. When police stopped, the two males told them they had run out of gas and would like a ride to the nearest gas station for fuel. The owner of the vehicle told police he would like to stay with the vehicle, so the passenger went with the officer. The officer needed to pat down the individual for weapons before letting him sit in the back seat of the patrol car. Police noticed something in the front pocket of his shorts and asked the man what it was. The man told police it was his pipe. When police took the pipe out, he could tell it was a marijuana pipe. The man was placed under arrest for possession of drug paraphernalia. The suspect admitted to smoking earlier in the day, but didn’t have any on him. No drugs were found on him or in the car. After a check on the owner’s driver’s license, it returned as suspended. The officer then gave the first individual a ride to a nearby gas station for fuel and told the owner he needed to have a licensed driver come to get the car. Police confiscated the pipe.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.