Fire officials say the fire at the Circle K in Marana is arson.

The store has reopened after a bathroom fire Sunday night at 7 p.m.

The Northwest Fire District, and Marana police are reviewing  surveillance tapes from the store as the investigation moves forward.

Northwest fire crews were dispatched to the store, just south of Interstate 10, around 7 p.m. Sunday night.

Crews arrived three minutes later to find smoke coming from the front doors of the store. Upon investigation, the interior crew found a fire in the bathroom that was “knocked down” by a dry chemical extinguisher prior to arrival.

Interior crews searched for and found no hidden fire in the walls while a ladder crew searched the roof and attic space. No fire extensions were found. The store suffered minor fire damage to the bathroom and smoke throughout the store.

Crews concentrated on removing smoke from the store through horizontal ventilation. This is accomplished using large fans to remove smoke from the building.

Store employees followed their emergency procedures swiftly including notifying 9-1-1, evacuating the store and using a fire extinguisher to put the fire out.

 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.