Thursday, June 23
• Pima County Young Republicans hold a Monthly Social with guest speakers Ray Carroll and Ward 2 Candidate Jennifer Rawson. Details: 6 p.m.; Old Pueblo Grill, Library Room, 60 N. Alvernon Way.
• The Marana Unified School District governing board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-4774.
Saturday, June 25
• The League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson holds a Workshop on How to Plan a Forum. Details: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; Sam Lena-South Tucson Branch Library, 1607 S. 6th Ave.; free but reservation required; 740-5779 or 622-0905.
Sunday, June 26
• What Effluent Means to the Santa Cruz River will be presented by Josh Gormally. Details: 12:30 p.m.; Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Northwest Tucson, 3601 W. Cromwell Dr.; free; 743-0064.
Monday, June 27
• Pima Council on Aging provides information and referral service on issues concerning older people. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Tuesday, June 28
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; 696-5000.
Wednesday, June 29
• The Marana Planning Commission meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Marana Municipal Complex, 11555 W. Civic Center Dr.; 682-4774
Monday to Tuesday, July 18-20
• Nonprofit Voices for Education offers a teachers' learning program Critical Friends Training. For more information, call 324-0881.