Northwest Fire District responded to the Ritz-Carlton in Dove Mountain at 9:28 a.m. for a reported explosion and fire in the main laundry area of the resort.
Crews arrived within 8 minutes and found an active fire in the dryer area of the resort. A fire sprinkler system was activated and had the majority of the flames under control when hose lines were stretched into the building. The fire was completely extinguished 8 minutes after the arrival of the first engine company.
The main portion of the resort, which houses the guests, was unaffected, and the operations for the guests saw no signs of the fire. The resort remains fully operational and is looking forward to a busy New Years weekend.
The Ritz-Carlton staff, following their emergency procedures, evacuated all of the administrative offices including human resources, housekeeping, kitchen staff and facilities management staff.
Two members of the housekeeping staff that were in proximity to the explosion and fire were treated at the scene for minor injuries and released.
Damages were isolated to the laundry room area and administrative offices due to water from the sprinkler head activation.
Northwest Fire Investigators were on-scene and have determined the fire was accidental from a mechanical failure with the dryer unit. Damage estimates were not available.