On April 21, at 6 p.m., the Oro Valley Police Department (OVPD) School Resource Officers Unit will present the Impact Teen Drivers Program at Parent’s Night for Canyon del Oro and Ironwood Ridge high schools. The event will be held at CDO High School in the Cyber Café, 25 W. Calle Concordia.
Did you know?
· In the U.S., one in four crash fatalities involve someone 16 to 24 years old.
· Over half of teens involved in fatal crashes in the United States were not wearing seat belts.
· In 2011, teenage motor vehicle crash deaths occurred most frequently from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m.
· Nearly half of all U.S. high school students, aged 16 years or older, text or email while driving.
· Each teen passenger increases the risk of a teen driver crash, with three or more passengers quadrupling the risk.
· In 2011, 59 percent of teenage passenger deaths occurred in vehicles driven by another teenager.