OV seeking applicants for Board & Commission vacancies - Tucson Local Media: News

OV seeking applicants for Board & Commission vacancies

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:06 am

Town of Oro Valley is accepting applications from residents who are interested in serving on a Board or Commission. Appointments start on January 1, 2013. To serve on a board or commission, members must be residents of Oro Valley, be available to attend the designated meetings and be committed to the completion of the Town’s Community Academy within their term. Residents who are interested in applying for any of the following positions may contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 229-4700 or download the Volunteer Application on the Boards and Commissions Opportunities webpage. Completed applications should be submitted to the Town Clerk’s Office by November 5, 2012.


Historic Preservation Commission (HPC)

HPC has two open positions that serve up to three-year terms. The HPC was formed to promote the educational, cultural and economic welfare of Oro Valley by ensuring the preservation of historic buildings, districts, landmarks, structures, documents, photographs and other artifacts that represent the historic background and development of the greater Oro Valley area. HPC meets on the first Monday of every month at 5 p.m. at Town Hall.

Parks and Recreation Advisory Board (PRAB)

PRAB has two open positions that serve two-year terms. The PRAB acts in an advisory capacity to the Town Council in matters pertaining to parks and recreation, park design, open space and trail space. PRAB meets on the third Tuesday of every quarter at 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall.

Stormwater Utility Commission

The Commission has three open positions that serve two-year terms. The Commission is the official advisory board that makes recommendations to the Town Council regarding stormwater management, planning, capital improvements and rate structuring. The Commission meets on the third Thursday of the month at 6 p.m. at Town Hall.

Water Utility Commission (WUC)

WUC has one open position that serves a three-year term. The WUC advises the Town Council on all issues relating to water, including water policies, water rates, renewable water supply, water conservation and public education. WUC meets the second Monday of every month at 6 p.m. at Town Hall.

© 2017 Tucson Local Media. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Welcome to the discussion.

Featured Videos


Online poll



Follow us on Facebook