Friday, May 6
• The Metropolitan Education Commission holds the Crystal Apple Awards Celebrating the Partnership Between Education and Business. Details: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30p.m.; Desert Diamond Hotel & Casino, 7350 S. Nogales Hwy.; http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/metedu.
Monday, May 9
• The Oro Valley Water Utility Commission meets. Details: 6-8:30 p.m.; Hopi Conference Room, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Democrats of Oro Valley meet with guest speaker Penelope Jacks, director of the Children's Action Alliance, on the topic Support for AZ Children: A Giant Step Backwards. Details: 7 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 395-0204.
Tuesday, May 10
• The Pima County Board of Supervisors meets. Details: 9 a.m.; Supervisors' hearing room, first floor, Pima County Administration Building, 130 W. Congress St.; 740-8126.
• The non-partisan Coffee Party of NW Tucson meets. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; 575-1743.
• The Catalina Foothills School District Governing Board meets. Details: 6:30 p.m.; Catalina Foothills High School, Building #4, Room 712.
• Amphitheater School District Governing Board meets. Details: 7 p.m.; Wetmore Center, 701 W. Wetmore; 696-5000.
Wednesday, May 11
• The Oro Valley Town Council holds a study session. Details: 6-9 p.m.; Council Chambers, 11000 N. La Cañada Dr.; 229-4700.
• The Northwest Coffee Party meets. Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.