On Dec. 19, The Oro Valley High Visibility Enforcement (HiVE) deployment results we taken from a total of 34 traffic stops:
· 19 drivers were stopped for moving violations (e.g. running red light, speeding)
· 15 drivers were stopped for equipment and/or registration violations
Of those 34 stops,
· 2 drivers received citations for moving violations
· 24 drivers received written warnings
· 8 drivers received combination citation and warning for non-moving violations
There were 0 collisions.
OVPD will continue HiVE efforts until the end of the year.
To reduce an increasing trend in injury-related vehicle collisions, the Oro Valley Police Department is conducting “High Visibility Enforcement” (HiVE) details on Oracle Road at the Magee and Suffolk intersections.
Over the past two years, statistics indicate that one out of every four collision in those intersections result in injury.
The OVPD hopes to increase awareness and reduce collisions resulting from driver inattention, following too closely, and failing to yield to other drivers.