You may have heard about the Market on The Move in Tucson and wondered what it's all about.
In short, you give $10 donation, and get up to 60 pounds of produce, per person at the varying locations. It is so much produce, that you will end up sharing it with your family and co-workers.
What you get varies from week to week, but last week I hand my hands full with a big box of Roma tomatoes, grapes tomatoes, and green beans.
Check it out this Saturday, March 15 from 8-11 a.m. at these locations:
(Use our map to find the closest one to you)
The Market on The Move is put on by the 3000 Club in Tucson and Phoenix.
Every year, The 3000 Club members, supporters and volunteers help to:
• Rescue approximately 30 million pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Distribute over $45,000,000 worth of produce.
• Provide over 23 million meals.
• Help more than 460,000 families in need.
• Distribute fresh produce to more than 300 food banks and agencies across Arizona and throughout the United States.