Action required this month to qualify for foreclosure relief - Tucson Local Media: News

Action required this month to qualify for foreclosure relief

Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:00 am

You may be entitled to compensation if you were wrongly harmed by foreclosure, but you must take action this month.

The Pima County Housing Center is working with Don’t Borrow Trouble® Pima County and HUD-approved housing counseling agencies to help identify borrowers who were financially harmed as a result of servicer errors, misrepresentations, or other deficiencies during the foreclosure process.

The Federal Reserve Board and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency issued enforcement actions against 14 large mortgage services for deficient servicing and foreclosure practices. A foreclosure review conducted by an independent consultant is required as a result of the enforcement actions.

If your primary residence was involved in a foreclosure process between January 1, 2009, and December 31, 2010, you may qualify for a FREE Independent Foreclosure Review.

The Independent Foreclosure Review will determine whether individual homeowners suffered financial injury and may receive compensation or other remedy due to errors or other problems they encountered while going through the home foreclosure process with their lender.

Remediation for losses (financial loss due to foreclosure) may include:

• Loan modification or other loss-mitigation assistance.

• Correction of credit report or correction of deficiency amount records.

• Lump sum payment of $500-$125,000 plus equity.

• Suspension or rescission of foreclosure.

Requests for review must be postmarked or submitted online by Dec. 31, 2012.

If you or someone you know may qualify, please contact:

• the Independent Foreclosure Review Hotline at 1-888-952-9105 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Tucson time) Monday through Friday and from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.

• the Federal Reserve Board at

• the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency at

• the Pima County Housing Center, 801 W. Congress, at (520) 624-2947 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

• Don’t Borrow Trouble at (520) 792-3087.

© 2017 Tucson Local Media. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

More about

More about

More about

Welcome to the discussion.

Featured Videos


Online poll



Follow us on Facebook