This morning around 11 A.M. Golder Ranch Fire District Units responded to a reported house fire in the 60,000 block of Alpine way in Eagle Crest. When units arrived on scene they found smoke coming from the structure and made an aggressive attack on the fire.
As Golder Ranch Fire units made entry into the house they were met with heavy black smoke from floor to ceiling, crews searched the house making sure that all residents were out of the structure. As other units arrived on scene the crews were able to use techniques that were recently practiced during some regional training involving Golder Ranch, Northwest along with Picture Rocks to help put the fire out.
When the resident called 911 she said that she saw fire coming from under her dryer, she was advised to evacuate from the house. The resident along with her animals were all safe and able to get out of the house without any injuries.
This fire is currently under investigation by the Golder Ranch Fire District Investigators. The total cost of damage for this fire is unknown at this time.
Golder Ranch Fire District wants to remind everyone to make sure that you are constantly cleaning your dryer traps of lint. It is also important to have working smoke detectors in the home, along with an escape plan and meeting point for all family members if your house catches on fire. You can go to GRFDAZ.gov for other safety tips. Please be safe and have a happy holiday.