Nearly a third of American parents feel they are not spending enough time with their family, according to a 2013 Pew Research Center study, and with cooler weather bringing hectic schedules for most families, quality time is in short supply. The kitchen is often considered the hub of most homes, so involving the entire clan in a culinary adventure is an easy way to create special memories together.
Transform family members into dessert chefs while enjoying fun times together with easy recipes that satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. Create a semi-homemade dessert without too much fuss by transforming a store-bought snack cake into a confectionary treat using just a few simple ingredients. It’s an inventive way to be creative in the kitchen without breaking the bank.
“For families in a rush, coming up with delicious desserts that are simple to make is essential,” says Meredith Butler, brand manager for Mrs. Freshley’s, an award-winning line of snack cakes and pastries. “Keeping the ingredients and price to a minimum, while maximizing flavor, provides hustling households with the best of both worlds.”
To help active American families create sweet treats, Mrs. Freshley’s is offering semi-homemade recipes using their snack cakes.
Bake up something warm during cooler months with delicious dessert recipes such as Honey Bun Bread Pudding.
• 4 Mrs. Freshley’s Honey Buns
• 2 cups milk
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
• Cut Mrs. Freshley’s Honey Buns into bite size pieces.
• Place honey bun pieces in greased 2-quart baking dish.
• Beat milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla in small bowl.
• Pour egg mixture over honey buns and sprinkle with cinnamon.
• Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
For a quick and simple shortcake with big flavor the entire family will love, try this recipe for Dreamie Strawberry Shortcake.
• 1 1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
• 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 6 Mrs. Freshley's Dreamies, sliced
• Whipped topping
• Cut strawberries in half and add to bowl.
• Stir in sugar.
• Refrigerate strawberry mixture for at least 30 minutes to develop juices.
• Place Dreamie slices into serving dish and top with strawberry mixture.
• Add whipped topping, serve, and enjoy!
More easy dessert recipes and affordable entertaining tips can be found at www.MrsFreshleys.com.
Serve up show-stopping desserts and make cherished memories using these quick, semi-homemade recipes.