In conjunction with PCC performing arts department’s spring musical, Fiddler on the Roof, Pima Community College is recognizing our family heritage. The purpose is to create a cultural mosaic showcasing the heritage of our students, faculty, staff and community culminating in a public celebration on the opening night of Fiddler on the Roof, Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014.
We invite the public to share a digital image (high resolution jpeg format no larger than 10 MB) or a written piece relating to their family heritage by Friday, Jan. 31 via email to email@example.com. We hope to have a multitude of submissions reflecting Tucson’s diversity. Submissions will be assembled into a multi-media presentation to be shared on-site and online.
Participants may submit one of the following:
· A digital photo of their ancestor(s)
· A digital photo of a family heritage artifact (jewelry, clothing, art, household objects, etc.)
· A digital photo of body art related to their family heritage
· A poem or short story related to family heritage (less than 250 words and written in the body of the email).
The submission should include:
· Submitter’s name
· The name(s) of individuals in the photo or artifact and significance to you
· Family ancestry (ethnic/cultural heritage, country of origin)
· Date of photo and any other relevant information
A visual presentation of selected submissions will be shown before the musical begins and during intermission.
PCC Family Heritage Celebration is free and open to the public and is scheduled to take place at the Center for the Arts, West Campus, on the opening night of Fiddler on the Roof on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014 (more information to come later). The play begins at 7:30 p.m. (tickets start at $18). Fiddler on the Roof runs through March 2, 2014.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.