Continuing their long tradition of informing voters, the League of Women Voters of Greater Tucson and Arizona Public Media (AZPM) announce they are partnering to produce six political forums in 2014.
All six, hour-long forums will be free and open to the public, and will be held at the Proscenium Theatre at the Center for the Arts on the west campus of Pima Community College, 2202 W. Anklam Road in Tucson. Pima Community College is a co-sponsor of all six forums. Tickets will be required.
Schedule of forums:
• Monday, Oct. 6 - Attorney General - 6:30 p.m.
• Monday, Oct. 6 - Arizona Corporation Commission - Approximately 7:45 p.m.
• Wednesday, Oct. 8 - Superintendent of Public Instruction - 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Oct. 8 - Secretary of State - Approximately 7:45 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 9 - Governor - 6:30 p.m.
All six forums will be recorded by AZPM for future broadcast on the PBS 6 and World television channels, and on radio station NPR 89.1, and will be available online at azpm.org/yourvote2014.
Schedule of broadcasts:
• Republican Primary Gubernatorial Forum: PBS 6 - Monday, August 4, 6:00-7:00 p.m., World - TBA,
NPR 89.1 - Monday, Aug. 4: 7 to 8 p.m.
• Governor: PBS 6 - Monday, Oct. 13, 6 to 7 p.m., World - TBA,
NPR 89.1 - Monday, Oct. 13: 7 to 8 p.m.
• Secretary of State: Tuesday, Oct. 14, 6 to 7 p.m., World - TBA,
NPR 89.1 – Tuesday, Oct. 14, 7 to 8 p.m.
• Attorney General: Wednesday, Oct. 15, 6 to 7 p.m., World - TBA,
NPR 89.1 – Wednesday, Oct.15, 7 to 8 p.m.
• Superintendent of Public Instruction: Thursday, Oct. 16, 6 to 7 p.m., World - TBA,
NPR 89.1 – Thursday, Oct. 16, 7 to 8 p.m.
• Arizona Corporation Commission: Friday, Oct. 17, 6 to 7 p.m., World - TBA,
NPR 89.1 – Friday, Oct. 17, 7 to 8 p.m.
The Republican Primary Gubernatorial Forum on Wednesday, July 30, at 6:30 p.m. where all six candidates in the Republican Party have been invited to attend. The forum will be moderated by Lorraine Rivera, host of AZPM’s Arizona Week.
“We are excited to team up with the League for these important events,” said Jack Gibson, General Manager of AZPM. “We have covered the political scene in Arizona for decades. The League has worked tirelessly for years to keep people informed about issues and politics. This is a natural partnership.”
“On behalf of League members, I appreciate the willingness of Arizona Public Media to team with us to present these important forums on the future of Arizona,” said Judy Moll, president of LWVGT. “The focus of the League for nearly 100 years has been public education on the issues of the day. These forums continue that proud tradition.”
Tickets will be available through the campaigns of candidates involved and by request on both the AZPM and LWVGT websites.
Registrants are eligible for up to four tickets. All tickets will be distributed on the night of the forum.