(StatePoint) As the season’s change, looking great can be a challenge - especially when it comes to your skin, as cooler air and strong winds can leave your complexion with seasonal skin disorder.
Unfortunately, a bad skin day can mean a bad day overall. In fact, 90 percent of Americans agree that they feel more confident when they have a “good skin day,” according to a recent survey conducted by Wakefield Research on behalf of Mary Kay.
So how do you achieve a healthy, natural radiance, even in winter?
“With a strategic skincare regimen, you can combat common seasonal beauty pitfalls, such as dryness and dullness,” says Maria Lekkakos, an aesthetician for Mary Kay.
With this in mind, Lekkakos is offering some restorative, hydrating beauty tips to protect and restore your skin:
• Re-texturize: With the weather shift, you’ll notice more dryness, particularly on the face, elbows and lining of the cheekbones and hands. Re-texturize your skin by frequently moisturizing.
• Protect: 84 percent of Americans surveyed by Wakefield Research say they would change how they cared for their skin if they could have a do over. Don’t live with regret -- protect skin against free radical damage that can impact skin firmness and definition.
Use an antioxidant-rich serum, such as the Mary Kay TimeWise Replenishing Serum+C, which contains a potent blend of botanical extracts derived from natural ingredients known for their high levels of Vitamin C.
• Hydrate: Sometimes the source of dryness comes from the inside out. Drink plenty of water and eat hydrating fruits and vegetables to deliver vitamins to the skin and prevent dryness.
• Nourish: In the morning, use a mask for five minutes to prepare and protect the skin for the day. It’s the ideal time to open the cells, allowing skin to breathe.
A mask that hydrates and locks in moisture can leave it looking less stressed and feeling more nourished. For example, the Mary Kay TimeWise Moisture Renewing Gel Mask breathes life into tired skin and helps minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and reduce the appearance of pores.
“There is a mask for every skin type, but most people don’t know the benefits,” says Lekkakos, who recommends adopting an anti-aging regimen as soon as early signs of aging begin to show. “It’s never too late to save your skin,” Lekkakos adds.
In fact, 84 percent of Americans would change how they cared for their skin if they could travel back in time, with 42 percent saying they’d moisturize more frequently.
• Repair: At night, use a retinol treatment such as Mary Kay TimeWise Repair Volu-Firm Night Treatment with Retinol to reduce the appearance of deep lines and wrinkles and make skin tone appear more even. Mary Kay TimeWise Repair Volu-Firm Night Treatment With Retinol is a hydrating cream enriched with botanicals. The retinol is encapsulated to provide a more controlled release and minimize potential irritation.
With beauty comes confidence. So just because the seasons are changing, don’t let your healthy, radiant glow take a vacation.
More beauty tips can be found at www.MaryKay.com.