A listing of area health and wellness events.
THURSDAY, AUG. 14
• The Pima Council on Aging will have a representative on hand at the Oro Valley Public Library to provide information and referral services on issues concerning older people, such as housing options, transportation, food, mental health, caregiving, social services and legal aid. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; 1305 W. Naranja Drive; free; 229-5300.
SATURDAY, AUG. 16
• Receive a free eye exam for glaucoma at St. Elizabeth of Hungary Health Center. The University of Arizona Student Sight Savers Program offers glaucoma screenings on the third Saturday of every month. People at the greatest risk for glaucoma are those older than 50, those with a family history of glaucoma, those of African or Hispanic descent, people with diabetes or high blood pressure, those who have had an eye injury or surgery and who take steroid medication. Details: 8 a.m.-noon; 140 W. Speedway Blvd.; ages 18 and older; free; 628-7871.
SUNDAY, AUG. 17
• Rejuvenate the calming feminine aspect of yourself during The Yoga Connection’s Moon Salutation Workshop. Details: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; 4893 E. Speedway Blvd.; $25 in advance, $30 day of event; 323-1222.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 20
• Kick off the Arizona Cancer Center’s fitness training program designed to help make walking, running or cycling a regular part of life. Raffle prizes will be awarded. Details: 5:30-7:30 p.m.; 1515 N. Campbell Ave.; free; open to all ages and fitness levels; 626-7177.
• Find ways to de-stress your life and bring peace to frantic or overwhelming thoughts at a workshop titled “Inner Peace in a Busy Life.” Details: Starts at 5:30 p.m.; First United Methodist Church, 915 E. Fourth St.; $10 per person; 271-2636.
THURSDAY, AUG. 21
• Attend a 90-minute program presented by Catalyst Healthy Solutions LLC that will discuss the tools needed for managing pain and explore a new treatment model for full mind, body and spirit healing. Details: 6:30-8:30 p.m.; Randolph Recreation Center community room, 200 S. Alvernon Way; free; 886-4406.
SUNDAY, AUG. 24
• Ann Baldwin, an Usui Reiki master and physiologist, will lead an introduction to biofeedback, a method to visualize the heart’s oscillations when taking a full breath. Using special sensors, Baldwin will show how breathing can be altered to achieve harmonic balance. Details: 2-3:30 p.m.; Lotus Massage & Wellness Center, 2850 E. Grant Road; free for ages 18 and older; 326-7700.