Tucson’s own UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) Gym invited the community to a celebration on Saturday to celebrate its grand opening. Marking the occasion were two special guests bringing hundreds of Tucsonans together in excited anticipation; recently retired UFC fighter and future hall of famer Urijah Faber and currently active UFC fighter Joseph Benavidez. Before everyone lined up for a meet and greet and photo opportunities, Faber and Benavidez took more than two dozen men and women brave enough to go through some mixed martial arts conditioning and boxing drills. Despite the labored breathing by the end of the drills, smiles were abundant. UFC GYM North Tucson is located at 8330 N. Thornydale Road and hosts classes including boxing, adult and youth Brazilian Jiu Jitsu with and without a Gi, Muay Thai, Kickboxing and more.
- Thunder Canyon Brewery Closing at Foothills Mall
- Latest AzMerit scores suggest most Pima County schools need work
- Got old meds?
- Mary Jacobs wants to bring collaborative push to Oro Valley
- Appetite for aiding others
- Real estate and letting go!
- Mountain View beat the Badgers in Friday night classic
- Help identify these CVS liquor thieves
- Region’s newest microbrewery to open in Marana
- Oro Valley ends year with budget surplus despite spending on community center