Thursday, Sept. 16
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds the State of the Town address and expo. Details: 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. address and luncheon; Hilton El Conquistador, 10000 N. Oracle Rd.; $45; 297-2191.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds its annual meeting & member appreciation luncheon. Details: 12-1 p.m.; Oasis at Wild Horse Ranch, 6801 Camino Verde; $25, $20 members; 682-4314.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds a Mix 'N' Match Mixer. Details: 5-7 p.m.; Omni National Golf Resort & Spa, 2727 W. Club Dr.; $10, $5 members; 297-2191.
• The Saguaro Tucson Rotary Club holds a mixer for potential new members. Details: 5:30-7:30 p.m.; the College Place, 1601 N. Oracle Rd.; free; 409-8656.
Friday, Sept. 17
• The YMCA Tucson holds the 22nd annual Women's Leadership Conference with guest speakers Kathleen Kennedy Townsend and Naomi Tutu. Details: 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m.; Westin La Paloma, 3800 E. Sunrise Dr.; http://www.ymcatucson.org">www.ymcatucson.org.
Saturday, Sept. 18
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a ribbon cutting at Arizona Stone & Architectural Products, LLC. Details: 9:30-11:30 a.m.; 4875 N. Shamrock Pl., Ste 101; free; 682-4314.
• The Arizona Mystery Writers meet with guest speaker Captain Adam Goldberg, a 26-year veteran in fire and emergency medical services. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Home Town Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $17.50 including lunch; 624-0792.
Saturday, Sept. 18, Oct. 9, and Oct. 16
• The Fiction Writers hold a how-to workshop series. Details: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Hometown Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $34.50/session includes breakfast, lunch and dinner; 572-6278 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, Sept. 22
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds an LED briefing with guest speaker Jillian Bradshaw from the Pima County Office of Emergency Management Homeland Security. Details: 8-9 a.m.; Marana Operations Center, 5100 W. Ina Rd.; free; 682-4314.
Thursday, Sept. 23
• Marana Chamber of Commerce holds its ninth annual golf tournament. Details: 6:30 a.m. range opens, 8 a.m. shotgun start; Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain; $150, $550/foursome; 682-4314.
Saturday, Sept. 25
• The Southern Arizona Logistics Education Organization holds it annual golf tournament to support the Community Food Bank and scholarships. Details: 7 a.m. registration, 8 a.m. shotgun start; $125, $100 in advance; Randolph's Dell Urich Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way; 425-3327.