Thursday, Dec. 30
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
Monday, Jan. 3
• The Saguaro Toastmasters meet. Details: 6:30-8 p.m.; Ward 6 Council Office, 3203 E. 1st St.; free; 777-7099.
Tuesday, Jan. 4
• The Arizona Small Business Association holds a workshop, “How to Get Uncle Sam as Your Client.” Details: 9 a.m.; 4811 E. Grant Rd., Suite 262; $15, $10 members; http://www.asba.com">www.asba.com.
• Score Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 3-5 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library Study Room, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Wednesday, Jan. 5
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a networking breakfast. Details: 7-9 a.m.; Colt’s Taste of Texas Steakhouse, 8310 N. Thornydale Rd.; $20, $15 members; 682-4314.
• The Arizona Small Business Association holds an entrepreneurial exchange for business owner networking and mentoring. Details: 8:30-9:30 a.m.; 4811 E. Grant Rd., Suite 262; $25; www.asba.com.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce and KVOI morning hosts from Wake Up Tucson present a “Business Meets Politics” roundtable discussion. Details: 9 a.m.; Keg restaurant, Oro Valley Marketplace, Oracle & Tangerine Rds.; free; 297-2191.
• TMM Family Services offers “Understanding the Home-Buying Process.” Details: 5:30-8:30 p.m.; 1550 N. Country Club Road, Building 8; free; 322-9557.
Thursday, Jan. 6
• The Oro Valley Business Club holds its monthly luncheon featuring University of Arizona President Dr. Robert Shelton. Details: 11:30 a.m.; Sun City Vistoso Social Hall, 1595 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; $17.
Saturday, Jan. 8
• A holiday “freecycle” event will be held to swap holiday decorations or gifts you don’t want. Details: 1-3 p.m.; Nanini Branch Library, 7300 N. Shannon Rd.; free; 791-4010.
Tuesday, Jan. 11
• The Multi-Chamber Business Expo will be held at the Tucson Convention Center in conjunction with the Governor’s State of the State luncheon. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; 260 S. Church Ave.