A listing of area business events and activities for the week of Thursdsay, June 5, through Thursday, June 12.
Thursday, June 5
• Receive free, one-on-one counseling from SCORE, advisors to small business owners and entrepreneurs. Details: 9 a.m. to noon; Oro Valley Public Libary, 1305 W. Naranja Drive; for more information or to make an appointment, call 229-5300.
Saturday, June 7
• The Small Business Development Center at Pima Community College will hold a marketing workshop geared to business owners and entreprenuers. Details: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.; 401 N. Bonita Ave.; free; for more information or to make a reservation, call 206-6404, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, June 10
• Counselors from SCORE will be on hand to provide free advice for small business owners and entreprenuers. Details: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Arizona Small Business Association Conference Center, 4811 E. Grant Road, Suite 261; for more information, call 327-0222.
Wednesday, June 11
• The Conquistador Toastmasters will meet. Details: 7 to 8:30 p.m.; Arizona Small Business Association Conference Center, 4811 E. Grant Road, Suite 261; for more information or to RSVP, call Liz Ivanov at 990-8565, or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Thursday, June 12
• The Arizona Small Business Association will hold a Business Building Breakfast, featuring guest speaker Sam Williams, president of North View Group and publisher of the Monday Morning Sales Coach newsletter. Details: 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.; ASBA Conference Center, 4811 E. Grant Road, Suite 261; $10 for members, $15 for non-members; for more information, call 327-0222.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly networking membership luncheon. Details: Noon to 1:30 p.m.; Michelangelo Ristorante Italiano, 420 W. Magee Road; $18 for members ($21 for non-members, must be pre-paid); for more information, call 297-2191.
• The Southern Arizona Home Builders Association will hold its member mixer. Details: 5:30 p.m.; Westar Direct Kitchen and Bath, 3850 W. Orange Grove Road; reservations required at least 48 hours in advance; for more information or to RSVP, call Lisa Schroers at 795-5114, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Art Institute of Tucson, 5099 E. Grant Road, will host a free fashion design and fashion marketing workshop from 6 to 8 p.m. The workshop is for students who may be interested in careers in fashion design or marketing. RSVP’s are required by calling 318-2724. Space is limited.