Thursday, Oct. 7
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Oro Valley Business Club holds its monthly luncheon. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Sun City Vistoso Social Hall, 1485 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; $17.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a networking mixer at Mira Vista Resort. Details: 5-7 p.m.; 7501 W. Wade Rd.; free; 682-4314.
Friday, Oct. 8
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce offers Marana Chamber 101 on building your business through the chamber. Details: 7:30 a.m.; Marana Operations Center, 5100 W. Ina Rd.; free; 682-4314.
• The Arizona Small Business Association holds a webinar on "Out of the Box Marketing: Part 1 – Understanding your Value Proposition," presented by Thomas Fulcher, "The Idea Gardener" & SBDC business analyst. Details: 8:30-10 a.m.; $25, $15 members; www.asba.com.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a ribbon cutting at Sweet Things Cupcake Shoppe. Details: 5-7 p.m.; 7475 N. La Cholla Blvd., Ste. 414; free; 682-4314.
Saturday, Oct. 9
• Arizona Mystery Writers meet for lunch with guest speakers Kris Neri, "How to Inject Humor Into Your Writing," and Mike Alvarez, "How to Avoid The Seven Deadly Writing Errors." Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Home Town Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $17.50; 624-0793.
Saturday & Tuesday, Oct. 9 & 12
• Score Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 9 a.m.-noon Saturday; 3-5 p.m. Tuesday; Oro Valley Public Library study rRoom, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Saturdays, Oct. 9 & 16
• Fiction writers hold a "how-to" workshop series. Details: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.; Hometown Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $34.50/session includes breakfast, lunch and dinner; 572-6278 or email@example.com.
Tuesday, Oct. 12
• The Arizona Small Business Association holds new member orientation. Details: 8:30-9:30 a.m.; 4811 East Grant Rd. Ste. 262, free; www.asba.com.
• The National Association of Women Business Owners holds its monthly luncheon with guest speaker Arizona Daily Star political cartoonist David Fitzsimmons. Details: 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Manning House, 450 W. Paseo Redondo; $45, $40 members; $30, $25 members in advance; http://www.nawbotucson.org">www.nawbotucson.org.
Wednesday, Oct. 13
• The Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce holds a seminar, "Make the 2010 Holiday Season Outrageously Successful." Details: 7-9 a.m.; McClelland Park Bldg. Room 406, 650 N. Park Ave.; $40, $30 members; 620-0005.
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.