• David Wolsky joined Sunstreet Mortgage as a Senior Loan Officer, focusing on residential home loans and commercial loans. He worked previously with American Home Mortgage and Charter Funding and is presently treasurer of the Tucson Sunrise Rotary and on the board of the Tucson Jewish Foundation.
• Alan Klein was appointed to the Arizona Hotel and Lodging Association Board of Directors. Klein helped launch the renovation of the Westward Look resort.
• Tim Cook has joined Direnfeld Physical Therapy. He received a doctorate in physical therapy from Northern Arizona University and is fluent in Spanish.
• Construction and grass work has been completed at the Jack Nicklaus Signature golf courses at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, Dove Mountain. The golf club will open on Jan. 17, 2009, and will host the Accenture Match Play Championship in February. The resort is made up of 27 holes and a 50,000-square-foot clubhouse. Another nine holes is set to be constructed in 2010.
• National Future Benefits, an estate-planning firm, opened a new branch in Oro Valley at 7636 N. Oracle Road.
• The Colwell Family purchased the 8,800-square-foot facility at 210 S. Plumer from the Tucson Optical Research Corporation for $560,000.
• Misrad purchased a 1,124-square-foot office building at 6135 E. Grant Road.
• 94.9MIXfm has been nominated for three Industry Achievement Awards from Radio and Records. The station was shortlisted for AC station of the year, AC music director of the year (Leslie Lois) and AC personality of the year (Bobby Rich).