Thursday, Oct. 22
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Drive; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold a networking mixer at the Heritage Highlands Clubhouse. Details: 5-7 p.m.; 4949 W. Heritage Club Blvd.; free; 682-4314.
• Eller College of Management Distinguished Speaker Series presents Edward Jones senior partner John Bachmann speaking on "The Financial Meltdown – One Year Later." Details: 5:15 p.m.; McClelland Hall, Berger Auditorium, 1130 E. Helen Street; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Long Realty will hold a home buyers' workshop. Details: 6-7 p.m.; 12080 N. Dove Mountain Blvd, Suite 100; free; 360-8224.
• SCORE Southern Arizona will hold a Start Smart: Pre-Business Overview workshop for local entrepreneurs. Details: 6-7:30 p.m.; Martha Cooper Library, 1377 N. Catalina Avenue; 670-5008.
• Merge Left Marketing will hold a recession-proof marketing seminar. Details: 7 p.m.; Borders, Park Place Mall, 5870 E. Broadway Blvd.; free; 866-218-0889.
Friday, Oct. 23
• The Better Business Bureau will hold a workshop called Deals for Wheels - How to Buy a Car. Details: 9-11 a.m.; 434 S. Williams Blvd, Suite 102; $10; 888-6161.
Saturday, Oct. 24
• Women with dangerous jobs, such as a criminalist with the Tucson Police Department, an A-10 pilot, and a detective with the child sex assault unit, will speak about their own work experiences at the Saguaro Romance Writers meeting and luncheon. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; El Parador Tropical Restaurant, 2744 E. Broadway Blvd.; $25, $20 members; http://www.tucsonrwa.org">www.tucsonrwa.org.
• Bankruptcy attorney Stephen Trezza will hold a seminar on legal rights during and after bankruptcy. Details: 10-11 a.m.; 4300 E. Broadway Blvd.; free; 327-4800.
Monday, Oct. 26
• YES Network Leadership Training Institute will hold a workshop on the components of a marketing plan and branding. Details: 5:30-8 p.m.; Tucson Resource Center, Sentinel Building, 320 N. Commerce Park Loop; free; 297-0702.
Tuesday, Oct. 27
• National Association of Women Business Owners will hold their monthly breakfast. Details: 8-9:30 a.m.; InnSuites, 475 N. Granada Ave.; $25, $20 members; $15, $12 members in advance; http://www.nawbotucson.org">www.nawbotucson.org.
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce will hold a networking mixer at Limoport Transportation. Details: 5-7 p.m.; 7493 N. Oracle Road; 682-4314.
• Long Realty will hold a workshop on the new foreclosed home buyer downpayment assistance program. Details: 6-7 p.m.; 6875 N. Oracle Road, free; 909-9375.
• Job Coaching: Resume Writing and Interview Skills workshop will be held at Catalina Foothills Church. Details: 6:30 p.m.; 2150 E. Orange Grove Road, Room 406; free; http://www.cfcpca.org/jobsearch.asp">www.cfcpca.org/jobsearch.asp.
Wednesday, Oct. 28
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce will hold a ribbon cutting at Mutual of Omaha Bank. Details: 10-11 a.m.; 2120 W. Ina Road; free; 297-2191.
• The Arizona Small Business Association and the Better Business Bureau will hold a joint networking mixer at Reid Park Zoo. Details: 5:30-7 p.m.; 1100 S. Randolph Way; $35, $20 members; 327-0222.