• Deanna Martin was named the new chief nursing officer of Northwest Medical Center Oro Valley.
• Miller’s Market, 11651 N. Casa Grande Highway, in the Rillito area, has closed its doors after more than nine decades in business.
• Bob’s Material Supply, 2341 W. Wetmore Road, is under new ownership. Michael Mastromarino bought the business last month.
• Leed Building purchased 4,000 square feet at Puente Nuevo Plaza, on the northeast corner of Alvernon Way and Fort Lowell Road, for the relocation of Dr. Lee Goldberg’s medical office.
• Astoria Partners purchased 47.79 acres of land at Sunbelt Industrial Center, at Old Vail and Rita roads, for $1,030,000.
• Tucson-based New Horizons, Silverado Technologies and Go Web Solutions are holding a technology makeover contest, furnishing the winner with $30,000 in software, hardware and tech support services. Enter the contest at http://www.tucsontechmakeover.com">www.tucsontechmakeover.com. The winner will be announced Thursday, Sept. 25.
Do you have a new business opening or an important new hire you want included in Biz Bits? Send a press release to email@example.com.