Thursday, Nov. 11
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Desert Kiwanis Club meets. Details: 12-1:30 p.m.; Village Inn, 6251 N. Oracle Rd.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, Nov. 13
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds a Community United Run & Ride with a 16k bike ride and 10k or 5k walk/run. Details: 6:30 a.m.; Twin Peaks Plaza, Coachline & Twin Peaks; free; 682-4314.
• The Arizona Mystery Writers meet with guest speakers fire Captain Adam Goldberg and author J.M. “Mike” Hayes. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Home Town Buffet, 5101 N. Oracle Rd.; $17.50 (includes lunch); 624-0792.
• Greg Kinnear and other film and TV professionals whose careers began in Tucson hold a panel discussion, “Breaking and Entering: The New State of the Entertainment Industry.” Details: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort; 3800 W. Starr Pass Blvd.; free; 792-3500.
• The American Association of University Women-Tucson Branch holds a luncheon with guest speaker Tucson Water conservation manager Irene Grossman. Details: 11:30 a.m.; Lodge on the Desert, 206 N. Alvernon Way; $20; 622-0905.
Saturdays, Nov. 13 & 20, Dec. 11
• Arizona Fiction Writing Workshop will be held at Fronimo’s Greek Café. Details: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; 3242 E. Speedway Blvd.; $35/session; 572-6278.
Tuesday, Nov. 16
• The National Association of Women Business Owners holds a member connection breakfast. Details: 8-9:30 a.m.; Viscount Suites; 4855 E. Broadway Blvd.; $25, $20 members; $15, $12 members in advance; http://www.nawbotucson.org">www.nawbotucson.org.
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds new member orientation. Details: 9-10 a.m.; El Conquistador Resort, 10000 N. Oracle Rd.; free; 297-2191.
• AAF Tucson holds “Media Mojo: Benefiting from the TV/Radio Rebound.” Details: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Westin La Paloma, 3800 E. Sunrise Dr.; $45, $35 members, $25 students; http://www.aaftucson.org">www.aaftucson.org.
• Tucson Business Connection holds the Chocolate Jazz Business Networking Showcase to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Details: 3-7 p.m.; Doubletree at Reid Park, 445 S. Alvernon Way; $10; 869-6098.
Wednesday, Nov. 17
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Holiday Inn Express, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.