Thursday, April 5
• The Rotary Club of Dove Mountain meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Heritage Highlands Club House; 4949 W. Heritage Club Blvd.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Rotary Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Oro Valley Country Club, 300 W. Greenock Dr.; Loriand@dakotacom.net.
• The Oro Valley Business Club holds its monthly luncheon. Details: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.; Sun City Vistoso Social Hall, 1485 E. Rancho Vistoso Blvd.; $17.
• The Rotary Club of SaddleBrooke meets for lunch and a short program. Details: 11:30 a.m.; SaddleBrooke Country Club, 64485 E. SaddleBrooke Blvd.; $15; email@example.com.
• The Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce holds a Fiesta Mixer at the Tucson Padres season opener. Details: 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Kino Stadium, 2500 E. Ajo Way; $20, $15 members (both include game ticket); www.TucsonHispanicChamber.org.
Saturday, April 7
• Shred-It and the Oro Valley Police Department hold a Shred-A-Thon. Details: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Best Buy, 11855 N. Oracle Rd.; free.
Saturdays, April 7-May 5
• SCORE offers workshops on Simple Steps to Start a Business. Details: 1-4 p.m.; SCORE Office, 1400 W. Speedway Blvd.; $10 first session, others $40 or $150 for all; 505-3636.
Tuesday, April 10
• The Rotary Club of Marana meets. Details: 7 a.m.; Nana’s Kitchen, 8225 N. Courtney Page Way; 395-2508 or www.maranarotary.org.
Wednesday, April 11
• The Kiwanis Club of Oro Valley meets. Details: 6:45 a.m.; Fairfield Inn & Suites, 10150 N. Oracle Rd.
• The Oro Valley Optimist Club meets. Details: 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; The Loop Restaurant, 10180 N. Oracle Rd.; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, April 12
• The Northern Pima County Chamber of Commerce holds its Monthly Networking Luncheon. Details: 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m.; Fox & Hound, 7625 N. La Cholla Blvd.; $30, $20 members; 297-2191.
Tuesdays & Thursdays, through April 12
• AARP offers volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance for low and middle-income taxpayers with special attention to ages 60 and older. Details: 1-4 p.m.; Oro Valley Public Library, 1305 W. Naranja Dr.; free; 229-5300.
Friday, April 13
• The Marana Chamber of Commerce holds the State of the Town Luncheon with speaker Mayor Ed Honea. Details: 10:30 a.m. Business Expo, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Address and Luncheon; Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, 15000 N. Secret Springs Dr.; $50; 682-4314.
Monday to Friday, through April 27
• SCORE Business Counseling offers one-on-one counseling to small business owners or to anyone contemplating starting a new business. Details: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr. Branch Library, 7800 N. Schisler Rd.; free; 594-5200.